OPELIKA, AL. (February 4th, 2020) - Dinan is pleased to be able to announce a new product offering being added into the catalog; Stage 2 Dinan Performance Engine Software for the F87 M2 w/ the N55 engine. Experience the Dinan difference today and never look back!
Part Number(s): D900-N55-M2-S2
The Quick and Dirty (Features and Benefits):
- More Power: Max gains of 77 WHP / 102 lb-ft of torque over stock on 104 octane and in conjunction with the Dinan big turbo and an upgraded intercooler. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and detailed data.
- Dinan Stage 2 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100 and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
- Top speed governor removed.
- Sport Cooling in sport mode for optimum track effectiveness.
- Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS Elite.
- Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds additional safety protections such as the stationary rev limiter being set to 5000 RPM.
- Torque gains drastically improve acceleration.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Downloads through the OBD2 Port.
Stage 1 have you wanting more? Stage 2 Dinan performance engine tuning for the N55 powered M2 takes that step forward and optimizes the power curve for the track. Taking advantage of supporting hardware (Dinan big turbo and an upgraded intercooler), the stage 2 engine calibration delivers additional top end power where you need it most when driving competitively; at redline.
While increases in power typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's stage 2 mappings when used in conjunction with supporting hardware are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.
With factory-like reliability/safety and a track optimized power curve, it is hard to find a reason not to upgrade to stage 2 for optimum asphalt terrorizing enjoyment.