The 3rd Generation MINI carries on the tradition of its predecessors and offers its owners an enjoyable driving experience via the virtue of being compact and nimble. However, stock levels of power are pedestrian for those enamored with maximum performance. This is especially true when compared to its BMW siblings that Dinan has tweaked and improved for decades. With the B46/B48 powerplant shared between both marques it begs the question - what would the MINI platform be like with an extra 50HP or even 75HP to go along with its already gratifying handling characteristics? Extraordinary is the answer the Dinan R&D team has discovered. The B46 on 93 octane and absolutely no other modifications but the Dinan stage 1 tune clocks in with raucous gains of 87 WHP and 109 TRQ. That is nearly 1/2 another MINI's worth of power packed into that diminutive frame. What does this mean for you? Fun. Lots of it. Agility and power, together at last. While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the MINI factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your MINI, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.
- More Power: Max gains of 87 WHP / 109 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane on ‘S’ models. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on other vehicle variants.
- Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Choice of numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93 and 100).
- No required parts. Install on a stock car and receive the full power gains.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
- Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
- Aggressive sport mode cooling added for optimum track effectiveness.
- Downshift Auto-Blip added for DSC off / Sport Mode conditions.
- Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS Elite via trade-in program. Consult B46/B48 FAQ below for details.
- Retains all MINI factory engine safeguards and adds additional safety protections such as the stationary rev limiter being set to 4000 RPM and implementation of per gear torque limits.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Stock JCW pops and bangs settings retained (JCW), or implemented (S), depending on application.
|Dinan Point Value||3|
|Factory Rated HP||S: 189 (211 Measured); JCW: 228 (277 Measured)|
|Factory Rated Torque (lb-ft)||S: 207 (245 Measured); JCW: 236 (280 Measured)|
|Labor Time (Hours)||0.5|
|Max HP Gain||S: 98 @ 5500 RPM; JCW: 70 @ 4500 RPM|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||S: 118 @ 2500 RPM; JCW: 132 @ 2500 RPM|
|Peak HP||S: 309 @ 6000 RPM; JCW: 334 @ 6000 RPM|
|Peak HP Gain||S: 98 @ 6000 RPM; JCW: 53 @ 5000 RPM|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft)||S: 357 @ 2500 RPM; JCW: 384 @ 2500 RPM|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft) Gain||S: 88 @ 4500 RPM; JCW: 55 @ 5000 RPM|
|Product Type||Engine Software|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See Details
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.