Dinan Stage 1 Performance Engine Software - MINI B46C Engine
Part # D900-B46-TCMG1-M-S1 Be the first to write a review
Find a DealerStarting at $44 a month with Learn More
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020.See Emissions Details
3rd Generation MINI's have been largely unchanged since their introduction in 2015. However, the engines and ECU's have gradually been tweaked over multiple LCI refreshes. The first of which in 2020 saw the base B46 engine become standard between both the S and JCW Cooper models, albeit with minor changes. In addition, changes in architecture to the core ECU made early flash tuning solutions incompatible with the LCI. Even within the LCI itself there have been encryption changes that have further diminished flashing availability and relegating options largely to in-line tuners (piggybacks). That changes now. The 2020 B46C engine found in the S variants are the first LCI's to be imbued with Dinan levels of power. With no other modifications but the Stage 1 engine tune and 93 octane, maximum gains of +77 WHP and +79 lb-ft of torque are attainable. Better yet, upwards of +120 WHP/lb-ft of torque is possible with the E85 calibration. That's a lot of power, and fun, added to an already deceptively enjoyable vehicle. The little MINI that could, now can... and then some. While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the MINI factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your MINI, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.
- More Power: Max gains of 128 WHP / 118 lb-ft of torque over stock on E85 or 77 WHP / 79 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and their associated data.
- Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Choice of numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 and E85).
- No required parts. Install on a stock car and receive the full power gains.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Optimized boost control, cam phasing, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
- Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
- Aggressive sport mode cooling added for optimum track effectiveness.
- Pedal mapping optimized for revised torque output with a more linear throttle feel.
- Retains all MINI factory engine safeguards and adds additional safety protections such as the stationary rev limiter and implementation of per gear torque limits.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Stock JCW pops and bangs implemented for increased aural satisfaction over the factory S settings.
|Dinan Point Value||3|
|Factory Rated HP||189 (212 Measured)|
|Factory Rated Torque (lb-ft)||206 (227 Measured)|
|Labor Time (Hours)||0.5|
|Max HP Gain||87 @ 5500 RPM (93 Octane); 145 @ 6000 RPM (E85)|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||82 @ 2500 RPM (93 Octane); 134 @ 5500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak HP||295 @ 6000 RPM (93 Octane); 358 @ 6000 RPM (E85)|
|Peak HP Gain||83 @ 6000 RPM (93 Octane); 145 @ 6000 RPM (E85)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft)||306 @ 4000 RPM (93 Octane); 339 @ 4500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft) Gain||76 @ 3500 RPM (93 Octane); 99 @ 3500 RPM (E85)|
|Product Type||Engine Software|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See Details
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.