Engine software on a turbocharged platform is far and away the most cost-effective upgrade to improving engine performance. Through optimization of control strategies and taking full advantage of the engine's capabilities, immense power can be extracted without any additional modifications. The newest BMW's powered by the latest B58 powerplant is no exception to this. In fact, supporting factory systems make the latest variant much more capable from the start compared to the engines previous iteration. The results are unmistakable… and enjoyable. While increases in power via ECU upgrades in the marketplace can come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labeled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace. Dinan's ECU upgrades are offered in numerous configurations depending on your specific needs, desires or limitations. Whether you are limited to 91 pump gas, want to experience maximum performance on E85, or something in between, chances are Dinan has an option for you. At its core Dinan offers 2 base options; Stage 1 and Dinan +. The Dinan Stage 1 Performance Engine Software is designed for the B58 engine to yield maximum power (for a variety of different octanes), improve drivability, and remove the factory speed governor for unadulterated entertainment. The Dinan + variant of software offers these same features (albeit limited to 91/93 octane) but also carries the signature Dinan 4yr / 50k, factory matching new car warranty that the brand is synonymous with.
- More Power: Max gains of 116 WHP / 136 lb-ft of torque over stock on E85. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and data.
- Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Choice of numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 & E85).
- No required parts. Install on a stock car and receive the full power gains.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
- Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
- Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
- Torque by gear strategies implemented for maximum power output and traction.
- Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
- Pedal feel improved to naturally align with the increased torque output.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.
|Dinan Point Value||3|
|Factory Rated HP||382 (448 Measured)|
|Factory Rated Torque (lb-ft)||368 (450 Measured)|
|Labor Time (Hours)||0.5|
|Max HP Gain||55 @ 5000 RPM (93 Octane); 130 @ 5000 RPM (E85)|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||66 @ 2500 RPM (93 Octane); 146 @ 2500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak HP||480 @ 6000 RPM (93 Octane); 566 @ 5500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak HP Gain||30 @ 6500 RPM (93 Octane); 86 @ 6500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft)||509 @ 3500 RPM (93 Octane); 582 @ 2500 RPM (E85)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft) Gain||57 @ 4000 RPM (93 Octane); 128 @ 4000 RPM (E85)|
|Product Type||Engine Software|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See Details
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.