Dinan has a long and storied past when it comes to engine tuning having introduced our first engine performance chip in the mid 80's - over 3 decades ago. From those early years with chips, followed by engine software and then to our own external control modules we have become experts in nearly every possible way to extract safe, reliable power from the factory powerplant. While we have long preferred the unheard of control and sophistication capable of being achieved from engine software, over the past 6 years that option was not one afforded to us. That changes now with the re-introduction to flash tuning for Dinan with the S55, and now, N55 engines. The start of the next generation of Dinan flash tunes, the N55 calibrations are held to the same principles of the past; performance, reliability, and safety. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. Protecting your BMW while giving the most performance is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". Drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This generation of Dinan flash tunes does differ from the past however in that there are multiple octanes to choose from depending on your needs, desires or limitations. Whether you need a tune for 91 pump gas living in California or want to experience maximum performance on 104 octane race gas at the track or something in between, chances are Dinan has an option for you. The Dinan Stage 1 Performance engine software is designed for the N55 engine to yield maximum power (for a variety of different octanes), improve drivability, and remove the factory speed governor for unadulterated entertainment.
- More Power: Max gains of 67 WHP / 98 lb-ft of torque over stock on 104 octane. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and detailed data.
- Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Access to numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100 and 104). Switching between mappings would require a reflash at a Dinan authorized dealer.
- No required parts. Install on a stock car and receive the full power gains.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide-open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Top speed governor removed.
- Sport Cooling in manual mode for optimum track effectiveness.
- Upgradeable from DINANTRONICS - See the FAQ linked below for details
- Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds an additional safety protections such as the stationary rev limiter being set to 5000 RPM.
- Torque gains drastically improve acceleration.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Downloads through the OBD2 Port - See compatability notice at the bottom of the product page.
|Dinan Point Value||3|
|Factory Rated HP||365 (384 Measured)|
|Factory Rated Torque (lb-ft)||343 (379 Measured)|
|Labor Time (Hours)||0.5|
|Max HP Gain||74 @ 4000 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||104 @ 3000 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Peak HP||478 @ 3000 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Peak HP Gain||56 @ 6000 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft)||442 @ 5500 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft) Gain||98 @ 3500 RPM (104 Octane)|
|Product Type||Engine Software|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See Details
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.