Some of the world's most potent sedans and SUVs to begin with, the F90 M5 and F95 X5M now have the ability to go beyond formidable and to levels of outright domination in their respective classes. With max gains on pump gas nearing +130 WHP and +200 lb-ft of torque courtesy of Dinan Stage 1 software the battle for runner-up in each respective class is the only question. Those are garish gains on their own but considering that those figures are with no additional modifications or alterations to the catalysts, it's an even more impressive feat. One that will be sure to result in a very enthusiastic grin. Utilize race gas or E85 and the gains jump yet another factor of fun -- a mind boggling +198-226 WHP and +190-207 lb-ft of torque to be exact. While increases in power at this scale typically come at a cost to the engine's durability, this is typically due to improper calibrations that are simply after one goal regardless of engine health - maximum power. Dinan's calibrations are safe and reliable without sacrificing long-term reliability or performance. Dinan performance engine software is so much more than just turning up the turbo boost after all. It is a fully re-tuned engine management program that maximizes power while keeping all the BMW factory safeguards in place. In most cases Dinan software engineers also implement their own additional safety precautions in order to guarantee flawless performance that may not have been needed with factory power levels/programming. Protecting your BMW, while giving the most performance, is the definition of "Performance Without Sacrifice". To do just that, drivetrain and engine components are analyzed for strength, and then the calibration is tested on the dyno and in the real world for durability and drivability. This process has been a cornerstone of Dinan software development for decades and a major reason why Dinan performance tunes are often labelled as being the smoothest, factory-like solution in the marketplace.
- More Power: Max gains ranging from 122-130 WHP / 190-198 lb-ft of torque over stock with 93 octane and 198-226 WHP / 190-207 lb-ft of torque on E85. Consult the performance charts for additional octanes and/or detailed data on specific vehicle variants.
- Dinan Stage 1 performance software includes a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and provides free updates and reflashes as they become available. Labor or shipping charges are not included in the warranty.
- Choice of numerous octane calibrations depending on your needs (91, 93, 100, 104 & E85).
- No required parts. Install on a stock car and receive the full power gains.
- Full map rescaling for drivability from idle to wide open throttle and everywhere in between.
- Optimized boost control, cam phasing, lamda targeting, fueling, airflow and temperature controls for maximum power output that is also safe and reliable.
- Retains all BMW factory engine safeguards and adds numerous additional safety protections.
- Top speed governor (VMAX) removed.
- Torque by gear strategies implemented for maximum power output and traction.
- Sport mode cooling that targets lower coolant temperatures added for optimum track effectiveness.
- Pedal feel improved to naturally align with the increased torque output.
- Sport gauges rescaled to reflect higher than stock power output.
- Remote start functionality (if equipped) completely retained. Digital key presence not required.
|Dinan Point Value||3|
|Factory Rated HP||600 (681 Measured)|
|Factory Rated Torque (lb-ft)||553 (650 Measured)|
|Labor Time (Hours)||0.5|
|Max HP Gain||131 @ 6500 RPM|
|Max Torque (lb-ft) Gain||200 @ 3000 RPM|
|Peak HP||783 @ 6500 RPM|
|Peak HP Gain||62 @ 5500 RPM|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft)||822 @ 3000 RPM|
|Peak Torque (lb-ft) Gain||59 @ 5500 RPM|
|Product Type||Engine Software|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See Details
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.