Since the flash tune program's inception in 1996, the one requirement was that the tune needed to be installed at a Dinan authorized dealer. This forced those in the international market or those in rural areas away from our core markets to either send in their DME for a bench flash or to simply live without Dinan tuning. No one should miss out on the chance to experience a Dinan tuned BMW so for those not near an authorized Dinan dealer a solution to tune your BMW is finally available in an easy to use DIY package. Complete with the various interface cabling that is needed for the vehicle the kit enables the end-user to be able to flash their own vehicle in the comfort of their own garage. The kit will also allow the user to flash the vehicle between stock and Dinan at a moment's notice whenever the need may arise.
1. When ordering please ensure you have your VIN ready for the checkout process. It is crucial that it is typed in accurately and completely at that time. While we offer the DIY kits in Stage 1 form the additional stages will need to be purchased and installed at an authorized dealer as they require hard parts to function properly.
2. DIY software is at your own risk. Dinan is not responsible for any expenses incurred due to a failed flash. Please be aware of reccommendations for programming as referenced on page 8 of the installation manual (linked below) for optimum success. The programming cable does not have a recovery service and will require ISTA or similar BMW dealer tools in the event the ECU needs to be recovered.
Dinan Stage 2 Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing, and full map rescaling. Dinan's software also removes the top speed governor so the BMW will be capable of achieving its "natural" top speed. Producing substantial increases in power output while maintaining the civility and reliability expected of a Dinan performance product. In an effort to more effectively control oil and water temperatures, the Dinan software actually increases water pump speeds as boost pressure increases. And as always, Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles including the possibility of consequential damages. No one offers better performance or backs it up with such comprehensive warranty coverage.
Increased boost pressure exceeds the turbochargers' design limitations at higher RPM, potentially shortening their lifespan. Dinan addresses this issue by tapering the boost gradually at higher engine speeds. This approach also addresses the fact that with increased boost at higher RPM the turbocharger temperatures would exceed the intercooler's ability to cool the intake charge, resulting in a loss of power and compromising the long-term durability of the engine. The tapered boost keeps temperatures within the design limitations so as to optimize output and ensure engine reliability with the added boost pressure.
- More Power: Max gains of +56 HP @ 4000 RPM and +73 lb-ft TRQ @ 4000 RPM
- 50 State Emissions legal; CARB EO # D-176-37
- Full map rescaling
- Improved throttle response
- Top speed governor removed
- Properly returned fuel mixtures
- Remapped water pump speeds to control engine temp
- Smooth and predictable power delivery
- Includes programming cables and software license for a single VIN